3.5 years to 5 years
Kindy Group – Room Routine
|6.30am||Centre opens. All ages combined indoor / outdoor play|
|8.30am||Infants and Toddlers separate to own playground|
|9.30am||Pack up/Group Time/Movement Program|
|10.00am||Inside activities - planned and spontaneous|
|11.30am||Pack up/Group Time/Music and Movement|
|12.30pm||Rest time/Quiet activities|
|2.00pm||Pack up/Group Time/Singing, dancing, media|
|5.00pm||All children combine in Senior playground|
|5.30pm||Inside play, children combined|
This is only a guide and is flexible to children’s needs and interests.
Kindy Group – Short Term Goals
- To feel safe and secure and a sense of belonging.
- To develop self help skills.
- To develop feelings of positive self esteem and self worth.
- To assist children to separate from parents easily.
- To develop independence and responsibility for own actions.
Kindy Group – Long Term Goals
- To develop the ability to cope with everyday problems and frustrations.
- To develop respect for the rights of others.
- To develop understanding and the ability to work with adults, including caregivers, parents and visitors.
- To develop the ability to realise the importance of language as a tool of communication.
- To develop confidence to freely explore creative materials as an expression of one's own ideas.
- To develop an appreciation of good health, hygiene, nutritional habits and skills of physical independence.
- To develop problem solving and self regulation skills.
- To develop social skills to assist in the transition to school.