6 weeks - 2 years
Infant Room – Daily Routine
Effective routines for babies and toddlers are those that are designed to meet their needs.
Our educators ensure they consider the following guidelines when developing routines;
- Ensure that the timing of meals is consistent with the timing of meals at home.
- If children are tired let them sleep and feed them once they have woken.
- Ensure that methods for feeding children are consistent with the methods used at home.
- Encourage children to sleep at a time when they are tired, not when the clock dictates.
Infant Room – Short Term Goals
- For children to feel safe and secure in a warm and friendly environment and to feel a sense of belonging.
- For families to develop a trusting relationship with educators.
- For educators to learn about each child’s individual needs, likes and dislikes.
Infant Room – Long Term Goals
- To work in partnership with families as they are their children's first and most influential teachers.
- To create a welcoming environment where all children and families are respected and actively encouraged to collaborate with educators.
- To develop strong attachments to all children to support their social and emotional wellbeing.
- To be responsive to the developmental, physical and emotional needs of all children throughout the day.